Communicating with Boys 11-15 Years Old

Sunday, January 13, 2019



I recently spent time at a national conference where I had an opportunity to meet Dr. Michael Gurian. I was very impressed with his approach to what I call, “gender clarity.” In today’s culture of gender confusion it is refreshing to consider God’s plan and design for each person.

In this 3 minute video, Dr. Gurian discusses the adolescent boy and how he is developing. Parents of pre-teen boys really need to hear this! So much is happening and your relationship is changing, like it or not. This is a pivotal time when a boy begins his journey into manhood. Understanding your child and what they need will play a huge role in your success as a parent and his as a young man.

Interesting side note: The word teenager first became popular in the 1920’s. The Bible only speaks of children and men and women. In 1 Corinthians 13:11 we read, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things”.

In the following video Dr. Gurian talks about Communicating with Boys 11-15 Years Old.



No comments